Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Easy Homemade Granola

I really like granola, as a cold cereal or just to munch on. I've tried a few different recipes for homemade granola, but this is by far the easiest. It's probably not the healthiest granola recipe you could make, but it tastes really good and still beats out the store bought stuff since you know what is in it! Even Hubby and the kids really like it. When eating it as cereal, I like it even better if I add raisins, but you could add any dried fruits or nuts that you like, and of course it tastes best with fresh Twin Brook Creamery milk!

Ingredients:
1 cup butter or margarine
1 cup brown sugar
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
8 cups oatmeal (quick oats)

Directions:
In a large, 4-quart saucepan, melt the margarine or butter and the brown sugar
together. Stir it up and let it simmer for a few minutes (2-3 minutes). Add the salt and cinnamon, then the oatmeal. Remove pot from heat and stir until all the oatmeal is coated. Spread the granola onto 2 cookie sheets (with sides) and bake at 375° for 10 minutes, until golden brown. Cool granola completely on pan, then break up into pieces and transfer to a container. Add raisins or nuts if desired.

5 comments:

Jaime Lynn said...

You ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS post something that I have been thinking about lately! Just the other day I thought, "Gosh I really need to find a good granola recipe." THANKS! I will be making this SUPER soon!

Mary said...

I'm linking through Friday Blog Hop and just found your blog. That is the easiest granola recipe I've ever seen, just what I need during the week. Thanks for posting it!

I'm your newest follower. :)

Debra Worth said...

I'm following you from the bloghop. I'd love for you to come check my blog out www.htbhome.blogspot.com

Ma What's 4 dinner said...

Oh how I love granola. Thanks for the recipe. New follower here from the Friday Blog Hops...Hope you'll swing by and return the favor.

Lots of yummy love,
Alex aka Ma What's For Dinner
www.mawhats4dinner.com

KIM said...

I have always wanted to make homemade granola, I just might have to try this. I'm stopping by from Friday Blog Hop and I'm your newest follower.

hit-counter-download.com
Related Posts with Thumbnails