Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Tasty Tuesday - Cinnamon Rolls!

I love cinnamon rolls, especially for breakfast! Since I am finally starting to get a little energy back, I am getting back into my baking again a little and I recently made a big batch of cinnamon rolls, so I thought I would share the recipe with you. This recipe is quite large and I usually make 3 9x13 pans of rolls with it (36 rolls total), but I divide them into groups of six, wrap them in foil, and stick them in the freezer (before frosting them) for later. That way I can just pull out a pack before going to bed, frost it in the morning, and have a fast breakfast ready.

3 cups flour
2 Tbsp yeast
1 Tbsp salt
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup instant potato flakes

Make a well and add:
3 cups warm water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs

Beat until smooth and add 5 to 6 cups flour. Knead for about 5 minutes, cover, and let rise until double. Punch down, divide into three parts, and roll each into a rectangle. Spread some softened butter on the dough (I usually use about 1/2 cup for all 3 pieces), and sprinkle each with about 1/2 cup brown sugar and as much cinnamon as you like. Roll up and slice into 12 pieces. Place in a buttered 9x13 dish, cover, and let rise until double again. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.

Frosting:
1/3 cup butter
3 cups powdered sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
2-3 Tbsp Twin Brook Creamery milk

Mix the butter and powdered sugar. Add vanilla and 2 Tbsp milk. Gradually add more milk to desired consistency. This makes enough for one 9x13 pan of rolls, so you can adjust accordingly for how many you wish to frost.

No comments:

hit-counter-download.com
Related Posts with Thumbnails