I recently found this easy soft serve ice cream recipe that only takes 5 minutes to make so I tried it with the kids yesterday and it was so simple and fun!
Ingredients
1 cup Half and Half (Twin Brook Creamery is the best!)
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 Tbsp sugar
1/2 cup salt
Ice
Put the half and half, vanilla, and sugar in a small ziploc plastic bag, close, and mix together. Put the salt and enough ice to fill it half way in a larger ziploc bag. Place the small bag inside the bigger bag with the ice and close. Shake, toss, play catch, have your kids jump on the trampoline with the bag, do whatever you want to shake it up for a few minutes, then remove the bag of ice cream and enjoy! We made 3 of the small bags of ice cream so each of the kids could have their own and they loved it!


3 comments:
Sounds like a wonderful summer activity, how fun, I will have to try this out. Thanks~April
What a neat idea and I like that you can make single servings :)
I saw a family doing this at the park the other day. I so want to do it with my kids! Thanks for the encouragement!
Post a Comment