As a homeschool mom, I am always on the look out for books that my kids would enjoy to encourage their love of reading. When I heard about Addie Slaughter, I thought it would be one that Buddy would like. And I was right.
Addie Slaughter by Susan L Krueger, ED.D. with Dr. Reba Wells Grandrud is based on stories from the life of Addie Slaughter, daughter of the famous John Horton Slaughter, a Texas Ranger, famed Cochise County Sheriff and an early settler of the San Bernardino Valley in the late 1800s. It tells about about her move across the wild west and some of the advertures and experiences she had. Escaping a stage coach robbery, escaping falling buildings in an earthquake, and meeting Geronimo were just a few. The chapters were quick and easy to read and the kids always begged to keep reading more. It even contains real pictures from the Slaughter family photo albums. In the back of the book there is also a curriculum guide that could be used to turn this into a unit study or a supplement to part of a another study in your homeschool.
If you want more info or are interested in purchasing Addie Slaughter for $15.95, you may do so at
Five Star Publications.
This is a MamaBuzz review. This book was provided by Five Star Publications for review. All opinions are mine.
No comments:
Post a Comment