I recently tried making some homemade sour cream and it was super easy! It is very similar to
homemade yogurt. All you need is 3 Tbsp of store bought or previously made sour cream and 8 oz of cream (
Twin Brook Creamery cream is best!). Gently stir the sour cream into the cream and then let it sit on the counter for 24 hours. Put it in the fridge to chill for a couple hours and it is ready to go! When you have used up all but about 3 Tbsp, add some more cream and repeat.
This is really tasty with chips and salsa,
Taco soup, or
Crockpot Chicken Tacos!
Linked up with:
3 comments:
My family loves sour cream. This looks so easy!
I'd love for you to link this post to Making a Home!
Linda @ Linda's Lunacy
http://www.lindaslunacy.blogspot.com
How neat! I love to have sour cream on hand, but it goes pretty fast around here. My hubby and I are going to be getting dairy goats this summer and this would be something I might can do!
Wow!!! I'm here from Raising Homemakers. This is super easy! I'm not in WA so can't get that cream. What kind of cream exactly please? And when you leave it on counter for 24 hours, do you cover it?
Thank you!!!
Post a Comment