Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Tasty Tuesday - Crockpot Chicken Tacos

Tacos are one of our favorite foods and the kids always gobble them up when I make them.  I came across this chicken taco recipe a while back and thought I would try it out.  Everyone loved them and said they were as good as regular tacos. They are so easy and really tasty!

Ingredients:
4 chicken breasts
4 cups salsa
2 cups frozen corn or 2 cans of corn, drained
2 cans of black beans, undrained

Directions:
Dump everything in the crock pot and cook on low for 6-8 hours.  I used frozen chicken breasts and cooked them for about 9 hours.  Shred the chicken with forks and serve in tortillas with your favorite toppings.

4 comments:

Kim said...

That is total comfort food! Looks like s great recipe!

Donna said...

Sounds great! I'm dropping by from Comin' Home after seeing your recipe on Raising Homemakers. We will have to try this one.

My 20yr.old daughter, Rebekah, and I are 'kitchen testing' crockpot recipes this month. Baked potatoes are one of our favorite ideas. I've been planning to try a taco/burrito recipe..and this sounds like a winner! Thanks for sharing.

BTW, what a lovely blog! I will have to look around a bit.

xo
Donna @ Comin' Home (PS. Do drop by for a visit!)

Rachel C said...

Can't wait to try this - seems like something my little ones would like too!

Rachel C said...

I made this tonight - YUM! and it makes enough to feed an army.
I think I'll freeze half of it. Thanks for the great recipe!

hit-counter-download.com
Related Posts with Thumbnails