I received this book from Waterbrook Multnomah for free for review. All opinions are mine and I get to keep the book.
Tuesday, March 8, 2011
Lady In Waiting {Review}
After romance books, my next favorite kind of book is historical fiction. Combining the two is even better! I had never read any books by Susan Meissner before, but have heard lots of good things about her books. When I had the opportunity to review her newest book, Lady in Waiting, it sounded like it could be a good combination of romance and historical fiction. It is about 2 Janes, Jane Lindsay, who lived now and Lady Jane Grey, from the 16th century. Jane Lindsay's husband recently left her after 22 years of marriage and as Jane is trying to figure out what to do, she comes across an old ring in a box at her antiques store. The name Jane is engraved in the ring and as Jane searches for clues to who the ring might have belonged to, she is drawn to the life of Lady Jane Grey. Lady Jane's story is told through her dressmaker Lucy and is a story of how Lady Jane's life was controlled by politics with no option for her to choose to marry for love. In the end, both Janes realize that they do have a choice in how they live their life, even when it seems like things are out of their control. The book switches back and forth between the two stories, but it is very easy to follow both of them and pick back up where they left off. I really enjoyed Lady in Waiting and will be looking for more of Susan Meissner's books to read soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment