Monday, March 14, 2011
Stents and Stones
My monster kidney stone has had me down and out for a week now. I went for a walk with the kiddos on Monday and I carried Peanut in the Moby wrap and I think that is what caused the stone to start moving. By Tuesday it hadn't let up, so I saw my doctor and he ordered a CT scan and referred me to a urologist. I saw her on Fri and she said that the stone was way too big to pass on it's own and would need to be blasted, but the lithotripsy machine would not be in town until Wed. She was very concerned that I would get an infection so we decided to get a stent put in Friday night. While waiting for that at the hospital the urologist there told me I actually have 5 stones, one blocking and three in my right kidney and one in my left! All of them "good sized" with the biggest about 12 mm. I don't think any stone is a good size to have! So now I am just taking it easy at home with my Peanut and crazy cat. I used to feel bad for her when the other kids tortured her all day long, but now I know she needs it. She is attacking anything that moves and it is driving me crazy! I'm getting a few books read, movies watched, and crochet projects completed. My kids are going to have a hat for every day of the week and Sweetie's doll might have a complete wardrobe by the time this is all done! Anybody need me to whip something up for you?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
Feel better soon.
Yikes! You poor girl. Praying for good health for you. :)
I hope you get feeling better soon! I'll pray for you :0)
The title of your post had me concerned before I ever read it! Wish I had a helpful tip for you :-\ Take care ~ Wednesday is coming!
I sure hope they get this taken care of today. I feel your pain. Know we are out here praying for you.
feel better, michelle!! the only experience I have with a stone is a gallbladder one ... and it was one of those "good sized" things too :( I hope & pray you get relief soon! If I lived closer, I'd stop by!! ;)
Sorry you're feeling bad, but try to at least enjoy getting some rest!
I'm about to put myself on bed rest for the last month of my pregnancy :)
Post a Comment