Ok, so I'm at it again. Trying out bread recipes. But this time, I may have succeeded in finding one my family really likes! And this one is so easy, even your kids can make it mostly by themselves! This is really tasty with soups and stews and I usually double it to make a larger loaf.
No Knead Bread
3 cups flour- I've used all white and a mixture of white and wheat, both tasting equally delicious
1/4 teaspoon instant yeast
1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (or 1/2 teaspoon table salt)
1 1/2 cups warm water
Mix together until blended. Cover and let rise for 18 hours (yes that's right 18 hours!). Turn onto a floured surface. With wet hands or spatula, fold the dough over a few times and shape into a ball. Gently pick up and place in oiled bowl or a flour dusted cotton towel. Let rise about 2 hours. When you have about 15 minutes left, turn on your oven to 450 degrees and place a covered baking pan (I use my big soup kettle) in the oven to preheat. Remove the pan after 15 minutes and sprinkle cornmeal on the bottom of the pan. Pour dough into the pan and replace lid. Put into the oven and bake covered for 30 minutes. Remove lid and bake for 15-20 more minutes. Cool on a rack.
Linked up with:




No comments:
Post a Comment