Friday, February 4, 2011

Blessed Be the Name

The Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord. Job 1:21

It has been a difficult week in the community with the passing of Cash and Melanie.  It reminds me to be so thankful for the blessings God has given me in my life.  I know our children belong to Him and He can take them to their eternal home with Him anytime he chooses, but it still a struggle to understand why He chooses to call them home and leave us here without them.  After my brother passed away several years ago, my brother-in-law, who was only 5 or 6 at the time, said we don't need to be sad, God has his house ready, ours isn't ready yet.  So simple, but so hard!  Please continue to remember these families in your prayers in the coming year.  After a few weeks, life seems to go back to normal for the rest of the world, but they are still daily reminded of their loss.  I would encourage you to remember the day each one passed, jot it down by your prayer list or mark it on your calendar.  Each month as that day comes up, remember to pray for them as they mark off another month without their loved one.  Thankfully we can know that this is not the end, though.  When God calls us home, we will be reunited with our loved ones and spend eternity worshipping our Creator with them!

3 comments:

Jamie Lynn said...

Love this post, Michelle. I've thought of you often this past week... your little brother-in-law is so right... so simple but so hard! Praying for these families and for yours. Love, Jamie

Renee Ann said...

I'm visiting from the blog hop and became a follower. I also linked to Cash's post and read his story. I'm not a mother, but when we lost a sweet student to cancer from our little Christian school, we all dealt with the grief. My heart goes out to the family. Thanks for sharing this!

Amanda- The Nutritionist Reviews said...

Beautiful family!

I just found your blog through the Boost My Blog Friday Hop! Have a great weekend.

Amanda @ www.nutritionistreviews.com

hit-counter-download.com
Related Posts with Thumbnails