Sunday, May 1, 2011

Grocery Shopping in My Pajamas

I really dislike having to go to the grocery store.  Unless I can go by myself.  But having 4 kids pretty much makes that impossible unless I go late at night and I would much rather go to bed than the store.  So I have found a few sites online that have pretty much solved my problem and now I can do most of my grocery shopping in my pajamas (not that I really sit around in my pajamas all that often)!  I also think that shopping online helps me save money, because then I buy only what I need/what's on my list instead of seeing stuff at the store and being temped to buy stuff I don't really need! For those of you who prefer to stay home than haul all your kiddos through the store, I thought I would share with you my favorite sites.
First up is Amazon.  Did you know that Amazon has a whole grocery section?  Well, it does!  I especially like their subscribe and save option, which can make some really good deals.  I also love to use my Amazon gift cards that I earn using Swagbucks to get stuff even cheaper!  A lot of things have free shipping also.
Next is Alice.  It can have some pretty good deals on stuff and is usually very comparable in price to the stores.  You have to purchase at least 6 things, but shipping is always free!  One of the things they have that I always order is Rockin' Green laundry detergent, the detergent I use for my cloth diapers.  Most other stores have a hefty shipping charge since it is heavy, but not Alice.com! (And if you sign up through my referral link, you will get a $10 credit once you spend $50!)
My other main shopping site is Azure Standard.  They have a huge variety of stuff including fresh produce and frozen and refrigerated items.  This is more like a co-op though and doesn't ship directly to my house.   They have a set route with drop points and I happen to live only about 2 miles from our drop point.  This is still much easier than going to the store because everything is boxed together and ready to be loaded into the car.  If you like to buy organic, a lot of the stuff they carry is organic and still cheaper than non-organic at the grocery store!  They do have a drop-point and individual order minimums, so check out their site to see if there is already a drop-point near you or how to get one set up.
Costco is still one store that I need to go to, but it would be so nice if they would set-up a Click-n-Pull like Sam's Club does!
Do you shop online?  What are your favorite stores?

No comments:

hit-counter-download.com
Related Posts with Thumbnails