Friday, May 13, 2011

A Sour Deal!

Check out this great deal I scored at the discount bin this week! 

A huge bag of lemons and limes for only $2.50!  You are probably wondering why I would want that much sour fruit, right?  Well, I often come across recipes that call for some lemon or lime zest and I rarely have any since I don't often remember to buy lemons and limes. I don't want to run to the store just for one or two (or for anything if I can help it!) and then just use part of the peel, so I like to grate off a bunch of the zest.

Then squeeze out the juice.
And then freeze the juice in an ice cube tray, and put the zest and the frozen cubes into freezer bags to keep in the freezer.  When I need a little zest or juice I can just pull out what I need, let it unthaw, and it is ready to go!

1 comment:

Mrs Mary Joy Pershing said...

What a great idea!!! I never thought of that! Hmmmm....there was a sale on Lemons at our store this week too...might have to grab some myself!

God bless you!

Building Home with Him,

Mary Joy

visiting from far above rubies party

hit-counter-download.com
Related Posts with Thumbnails