Thursday, May 5, 2011

National Day of Prayer

Today is National Day of Prayer and I just wanted to share a couple quotes that I recently heard or read that I really like.

First is one that I read in The Prayer Factor by Sammy Tippit. It is a quote by Andrew Murray: Prayer is the pulse of life: by it the doctor can tell what is the condition of the heart. The sin of prayerlessness is a proof for the ordinary Christian or minister that the life of God in the soul is in deadly sickness and weakness.

And second is one that I heard on our local radio station: When we get to heaven and see what prayer has done, we will be so embarrassed we didn't pray more.

Having young kiddos can make it difficult to find a few quiet moments during the day to spend in prayer, but the rewards of making the time for it far out weigh the ease of skipping it!

1 comment:

Jamie Lynn said...

Great quotes, Michelle! Have you read any of Andrew Murray's books? I have one (unfinished as of yet...) and it's great!

hit-counter-download.com
Related Posts with Thumbnails