I love historical romances, but when I first read the title and description of this book, I thought it sounded like it would be a little too cheesy. But I was wrong! The Inconvenient Marriage of Charlotte Beck by Kathleen y'Barbo is one of those books you just can't put down! Charlotte Beck and Alexander Hambly can't stand each other, but when Alex is faced with financial ruin and Charlotte desires to go to college more than anything, the solution Charlotte's father comes up with is marriage. Alex and Charlotte secretly agree to plan an annulment, but then Alex changes his mind and makes Charlotte furious!
I thoroughly enjoyed this book and even laughed out loud a few times! This is actually the third book in a series, which I didn't realize at first, but it is a great read all by itself. I recommend this book and look forward to reading more by Kathleen Y'Barbo.
I received this book free from Waterbrook Multnomah Publishing for this review. All opinions are mine.



No comments:
Post a Comment