My kids have never been fans of oatmeal (probably because I'm not) so we don't eat it very often at our house. So when I saw a picture of this Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal with Buddy once, I was surprised that he thought it looked really yummy and wanted to make it. We gave it a try and I am glad we did because everyone loves it! It is also really easy and the kids love to help.
Ingredients:
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 - 1/2 Tbsp cinnamon
2 cups chopped apples
1/2 tsp salt
3 cups rolled oats
My eager helper, Lovebug
First melt together the honey, coconut oil, and cinnamon over medium heat
Once it starts to boil, add the apples and salt
Return it to a boil and stir in the oatmeal.
Reduce heat and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-10 minutes.





2 comments:
This looks great! I love oatmeal but have never made it this way! I'll definitely have to try it! Thanks! (from Raising Homemakers)
I am saving this recipe to try! Looks delicious! Thank you for sharing it!!
Post a Comment