I've been spending some time getting to know my sewing machine lately. Last year I received my grandma's old machine and haven't used it much, so I figured I should at least teach myself how to be able to sew a little. I found a few really cute projects to try out and thought I would try to share them here with you as I get them finished. I did not take Home-Ec in high school, so my sewing skills are very minimal. I think if I can manage these easy projects, probably just about anyone can!
I have a ton of scrap fabric around from when I used to make bandannas for my grooming dogs, so I have been trying to use some of that up. First I tried a few of
these baby crinkle squares and
these reusable snack bags. I forgot to take pictures, but both turned out really well. Recently Beth at
Happily Domestic shared
this link to some cute doll diapers that she made for her daughter, so I gave them a try for Sweetie to play with on her dolls. The first one that I made was pretty small and only fit a couple of her smaller dolls, so then I increased the size to fit some of her bigger dolls as well.

First I cut out the two pieces.

Then I pinned and sewed them together (wrong sides together) I left a 2 inch hole for turning inside out, which I whipstitched after turning the right way.

Then I sewed on the velcro and they were done! Easy as that!

Sweetie loves them and already has them on her babies!
Proudly linked to:








13 comments:
Very cute! I need to make some of these for my kids =)
What a cute idea! I would love it if you would share this idea on my Sharing Time Link Party!
http://heathernow.blogspot.com/2010/05/sharing-time_30.html
My kids loved the ones I made for them.
Cute idea!! I think my girls could make some of these for their 'babies' this summer! Thanks for linking @Creative Itch's "Sew Cute Tuesday"!
these are great! seems very easy to make
these look great. i made some one year for my daughter for stocking stuffer at christmas time.
These are very cute. I love the Jerseys in your header! We have a dairy farm and milk about 1/3 jersey!
very cute. Isn't it fun to make things for the kids to enjoy?
I would have loved some of those for my doll when I was a girl.
oh what fun! I need to make some for my little girl's babies as well. :o)
Cute!
Oh! I must quickly make some of these before five minutes pass and our youngest daughter is old enough to drive, rather than play with dolls.
I so should make some of these instead of paying the five bucks a pop for the ones from Build a Bear. My daughter is currently obsessed with diapers on her babies!
I'm a week late in making the rounds - the holiday weekend got me behind on everything!Wanted to say thanks for linking up last week's ABC & 123! Signed in as my personal blog, but it's one of the Katies from other there☺
Post a Comment