Since I've begun using cloth diapers for my kiddos, I've had a few people ask questions about them: why, what kind, how many, how do you wash them, etc. And since Beth over at Happily Domestic is hosting Fluff Talk Thursdays, a weekly meme all about cloth diapering, I thought I would join in sometimes for any of my readers that are interested in learning more about it! After you are finished reading my post, click the Fluff Talk Thursday button at the top of my post to head over to Beth's blog and read what she and others have to say for the week.
This week's topic is cloth wipes, what system do you use?
I don't use very many wipes a day, only 1-2, so I usually just wet the wipes when I need them. My wipes consist of baby wipes, baby wash clothes, and extra regular wash clothes that we didn't use. I keep them stacked by my changing table next to a squirt bottle of my solution. I add a drop of baby wash, olive oil, and tea tree oil to about 1 cup of water. I just wet each cloth as I need them, so that I don't have wet clothes around getting smelly and mildewy. I also keep disposable wipes around for when we go out, but have found that tossing the cloth wipes into the pail with the diaper is easier than trying to have a separate garbage for disposables.
Last week's topic was showing a picture of your stash, and since we were on vacation, I missed it. Our computer isn't working right now, so I can't upload a picture, so I will just list the diapers we currently have.
16 Bum-Ware size medium that L has just outgrown
3 one size Blueberry deluxes
3 Fuzzi Bunz one size
3 Grobaby shells and 9 soakers
2 Wahmies one size
1 GAD Baby size medium
4 AppleCheeks shells and 8 inserts
1 Booroi shell and prefold
3 Meduim Fuzzi Bunz
1 Knickernappies one size
2 BumGenius one size
1 BumGenius organic AIO
1 WeeHuggers AIO
1 Drybees AIO
3 Happy Heiny small trainers
To see Beth's easy wipe system, head on over the Happily Domestic and check out her blog!



1 comment:
I just wrote you a long comment and my computer lost it when I tried posting it! GRRRRR. Our modem has been going out for a month and I am about ready to throw it agaisnt the wall!!!
Here goes again...
Thanks for participating once again. I always enjoy reading your posts. :-) You have quite the impressive stash. So, how many of those diapers did you win? I am so glad I have finally won a few. WooHoo!!!
I hope that you will participate next week as it is going to be so much fun!!! I am a little scared to see what my husband will write though. lol.
Hope you are having a great week! Have a nice Labor Day weekend.
Post a Comment