Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Fluff Talk Thursday!



Since I've begun using cloth diapers for my kiddos, I've had a few people ask questions about them: why, what kind, how many, how do you wash them, etc. And since Beth over at Happily Domestic is hosting Fluff Talk Thursdays, a weekly meme all about cloth diapering, I thought I would join in sometimes for any of my readers that are interested in learning more about it! After you are finished reading my post, click the Fluff Talk Thursday button at the top of my post to head over to Beth's blog and read what she and others have to say for the week.

This week's topic: Dad's on Cloth Diapering

In the 6 months that I have been using cloth, my husband hasn't changed a single cloth diaper. Until this week, that is. Since M is a dairy farmer, his job is pretty much 24/7, so even when he is in the house or spending time with us, I still take care of the diapering duties. On the few occasions that I have run to town, to the dentist, etc. and he has watched the kids, L hasn't need to be changed. I always set a BumGenius diaper with stretchy velcro tabs on the changing table since they are the easiest to use and tell him that it's there and it works just like a disposable. I guess I should have explained a little more in depth, something more like: it works just like a disposable, lay the end with the tabs under L's bum and fasten the velcro in front. When I got home the other day, this is what I found:






For those of you who aren't familiar with cloth diapers, M managed to put them on backwards! For his first cloth diaper experience, L thought he would break him in good and give him a nice stinky one to change. Actually, I was kinda surprised he even attempted to change it and didn't just leave it for me, so he gets points for trying! He very quickly lost those points though, when I later found the dirty diaper still sitting on the changing table for me. He claimed he "didn't know what to do with it" even after helping me install the diaper sprayer and watching me use it a few times. Being a dairy farmer, he is surrounded by poo everyday, you'd think one little diaper wouldn't faze him!

And for those of you who may have noticed, yes that is a lovely black and white stone fireplace. Very fitting that we have a fireplace that looks like a Holstein cow huh? Unfortunately, our cows are brown Jerseys, so it doesn't really fit in on our farm (or in our family room). If any of you have any great redecorating ideas, I would love to hear them!

2 comments:

B.A. Hunter said...

Too funny! Love the backwards diaper pictures. :-) At least with the diaper backwards your son can't open it up! TeeHee.

I also hate it when my husband dresses the kids. They end up in wrinkled, unmatching clothes and look like clowns! Thanks God he created Mamas...he really knew what he was doing. :-)

Thanks for participating again...I am real bummed at the low turn out. I really thought this past 2 weeks would be BIG. *sigh*

Annie said...

That is just hilarious!! I love it! He gets major points for even changing the poopy diaper :)

hit-counter-download.com
Related Posts with Thumbnails