Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Tasty Tuesday - Zucchini Bread

We still have zucchini coming out our ears, so I have been making a lot of zucchini bread this week. A few years ago I found a recipe for the best zucchini bread. It is so good! And it freezes really well, so you can make a ton and stick them in the freezer for later. Enjoy!

Ingredients
3 eggs
1 cup veg oil
2 cups sugar
2 tsp vanilla
3 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
2 cups shredded zucchini
1 cup crushed pineapple, well drained
1 cup chopped walnuts

Beat the eggs, oil, sugar, and vanilla until thick. Sift the flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, and spices together and stir into first mixture. Stir in remaining ingredients. Pour into two 5x9 greased loaf pans and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean.

2 comments:

Chic Mama said...

Ummm... yummy! I need to make some of that! Thanks for posting!

Julie said...

Thanks! I love Zucchini muffins/bread. Especially that my kids will scarf it down unknowingly eating something good for them!

hit-counter-download.com
Related Posts with Thumbnails