Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Tasty Tuesday - Fresh Blueberry Pie


Fresh Blueberry Pie

I always have way too many blueberries and spend a ton of time picking them every summer, so I make this pie quite a bit. It has become one of our favorites and is very easy to make!

Ingredients
Crust:
1 1/3 cups flour
1/3 cup oil
1/2 tsp salt
2 Tbsp cold water

Mix flour, salt and oil and then sprinkle with water, 1 Tbsp at a time, mixing until all the water is absorbed. Make it into a ball and press it into the bottom and sides of a pie dish. Prick the bottom and sides with a fork and then bake a 475 degrees for 10 minutes.

Filling:
3/4 cup sugar
3 Tbsp cornstarch
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 cup cold water
5 cups fresh blueberries, divided
1 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp lemon juice

In a large saucepan combine sugar, cornstarch, salt, and water over medium heat until smooth. Add 3 cups of the blueberries. Bring to a boil, cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat and add butter, lemon juice, and remaining berries. Stir until butter is melted and then put into pastry shell. Cool and refridgerate until serving.

Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!

Linked to: Smockity Frocks

2 comments:

Julie said...

Oh! I am drooling! We just had hot apple pie with vanilla icecream on sunday and I swear I could've eaten the whole thing myself!

Unknown said...

MMMMmmm! That sounds DELISH!!

hit-counter-download.com
Related Posts with Thumbnails