Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Tasty Tuesday: Homemade Baking Mix (Bisquick)

Since I prefer making my meals from scratch, I don't often buy mixes like Bisquick anymore.  Most of the time I don't mind, but once in a while I miss the ease of using it, especially in the morning when making pancakes or waffles.  Recently I came across a recipe for homemade baking mix, so I thought I would give it a try.  It works wonderfully! As easy and as tasty as recipes using Bisquick!  I made up a huge batch of this and am storing it in the freezer so it is all ready to go when I need it.

Ingredients:
5 cups flour, all-purpose or whole wheat (I use my freshly ground soft white whole wheat and it works great!)
1/4 cup baking powder
2 tablespoons sugar or sucanat
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup butter

Directions:
Mix all the dry ingredients together.  Cut in the butter with a fork or pastry cutter until the mixture is fine crumbles.  You can use it in any recipe that calls for Bisquick or baking mix. It can be stored at room temp for up to 2 months or in the freezer for up to 6 months.

Blessings,
Linked up with:
Raising Homemakers
Far Above Rubies
The Better Mom
Teach Me Tuesdays
Titus 2sday
Women Living Well
A Delightful Home
Raising Arrows
The Modest Mom
A Wise Woman Builds Her Home
Diary of a Stay at Home Mom

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails