Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Tasty Tuesday: Favorite Frosted Brownies with a Christmas Twist

I just noticed that it's been a few weeks since I shared a recipe!  Between a newborn, kidney stone, school, and much more I haven't had a lot of computer time lately.  Since most of my kids are gone to Grandma's while I wait for my kidney stone to pass (pain killers work wonders!), I have a few mintues to share a new recipe. A couple days ago, Buddy asked me to help him make some chocolate cookies for Sweetie.  (I thought he was being so sweet and came up with the idea on his own, but have since found out Hubby put him up to it so we would have some cookies in the house.)  We decided to make these heavenly chocolate brownies and we added a twist for the holidays! I am warning you right now though that these are so good that they will be gone fast, so you should hide a few to save some for yourself!

Ingredients
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
6 tablespoons baking cocoa
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips, optional

FROSTING:
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup evaporated milk (or Twin Brook Creamery Cream will work also!)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons baking cocoa
3 cups confectioners' sugar
Decorating sprinkles or crushed candy canes, optional

Directions
In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Add chocolate chips if desired. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. For frosting, in a bowl, beat the butter, milk and vanilla; add cocoa. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Spread over cooled brownies. Decorate with sprinkles (or candy canes) if desired.


Linked with:
Raising Homemakers

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

I'm a fellow Cloth Diapering Mama and found you through the CD Mama blog hop!
I'm following you now and I'd love to have you visit my blog too!
http://notsoeasybeinggreen.blogspot.com

hit-counter-download.com
Related Posts with Thumbnails