There is a great site that I love to read called Raising Homemakers. They share all kinds of wonderful ways to spend time with your daughter and prepare her to become a godly homemaker. Recently they shared a recipe for caramel corn that Sweetie and I made together this morning. It was so easy and fun to do with her. It is also really good, so I thought I would share it with you too.
You will need 6 qt.of popped corn
In a sauce pan melt and stir:
2 c. brown sugar
2 sticks butter (salted)
1/2 c. light corn syrup
1/2 tsp. salt
Cook and stir occasionally over medium heat until it comes to a boil. Once it comes to a rolling boil keep it on medium and stir constantly for 5 minutes (keeps it from scorching). Remove from heat and add 1/2 tsp. baking soda and stir. Pour it over the corn (the bigger bowl to fold it in, the better!) and fold until coated.
Pour onto 2 ungreased cookie sheets with raised edges. Bake 200 degrees for an hour and gently flip over the caramel corn every 20 minutes.
Store in airtight container.


No comments:
Post a Comment