Friday, August 27, 2010
Living Room Re-do
I think I mentioned a while back that I was trying to get some new curtains for our family room before we had a bridal shower here a couple weeks ago. Well, the curtain project turned into more of a room redo project. Once I got my new curtains up, it just made all the other stuff stand out that needed some fixing, mainly the gap between our ceiling and wall paneling.
So we decided it was time to get the trim put up that we've always been meaning to get up. And of course that meant the ceiling needed to be painted so it would match the trim. One thing always leads to another! But we managed to get it done in time for the shower and I think it turned out pretty good! Sorry for the bad picture though, it is hard to get a good picture with windows in that doesn't reflect the flash or have too much sunlight making it hard to see the curtains.
The curtains are actually just drop cloths that I bought at Home Depot. The guy probably thought I was kinda strange going through all their boxes of drop cloths, but I needed 4 that were all the same color. If you ever try to make these, be aware that all drop cloths are not identical! The drop cloths are nice because they are fairly inexpensive and are already hemmed around the edges! Then I just found a trim that I liked at Wal-Mart and used heat and bond hem tape to iron it on the top on the backside. I folded down the tops and used clips to hang them on the rods. Now we finally have a finished and cozy family room!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
It looks great! I would NEVER EVER guess those are drop cloths!!!!!!!
nice!! love the drop cloth curtains!! :)
Great job! Love the drop cloth idea. I've also used a flat sheet (Ross is a good place to find them) for curtains...way cheaper. :)
Post a Comment