I know it's been a while since I've shared a recipe, but I really haven't been doing too much baking/cooking with any new ones lately, so I haven't had much to share. We have a huge abundance of cauliflower in our garden this year that is just starting to be ready for picking so I thought I would try out a new dinner recipe tonight. I wasn't sure how it would go over with the kids since they aren't the most willing to try new stuff, but Sweetie loved it and kept asking for more and Buddy even said it tasted better than he thought it would!
Ingredients
4 cups chopped fresh cauliflower
1/4 cup butter, cubed
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups Twin Brook Creamery whole milk
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
TOPPING:
1 cup soft bread crumbs
1 tablespoon butter, melted
Directions
Place cauliflower in a large saucepan; cover with 1 in. water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until tender.
Meanwhile, in another large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in the cheese and sour cream until melted.
Drain cauliflower. In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower, ham and mushrooms. Add cheese sauce and toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until heated through.


1 comment:
Sounds like a tasty - and healthy - dish!
Post a Comment