Friday, July 23, 2010

The No Shampoo Experiment

I've started a new experiment yesterday. I have decided to quit using shampoo. No that doesn't mean I am going to smell and not be clean (at least I hope not!) I have come across quite a few bloggers lately that are trying the no shampoo experiment, mostly because of all the weird ingredients in shampoo, but some to save money. Well, I'm Dutch and saving money is something I am always looking to do, so I was a little interested. I did a little research and found a few helpful websites including this one and this one on making your own shampoo.
Here is what you will need:

Yep, that's it. Pretty cheap, huh? That's what I thought, so I thought it was worth a try. All you need to do is dissolve 1 Tbsp of baking soda in 1 cup of warm water and apply to your scalp. Let it sit for a minute and then rinse it out. Then do the same with the apple cider vinegar. I have to say, I thought the vinegar was kind of a weird one, but it is an amazing detangler. I am going to start using that for Sweetheart as well since it is always so hard to comb through her hair after we wash it. Yesterday was the first day I tried it, so I haven't noticed a huge difference yet. I normally wash my hair every other day, and on the day I don't wash it, it can be kinda flat. Today, however, I think that it still feels and looks fuller. Hopefully that is a good sign that things will keep going well, but I will try to remember to update you all in a few weeks and let you know how it is going! If you are interested in trying for yourself and want to know more about what's in your shampoo (instead of just doing it to be cheap!) you can check out this site to see how your current shampoo and conditioners rate.

No comments:

hit-counter-download.com
Related Posts with Thumbnails