Sunday, July 4, 2010

Berries, Berries, Berries!

I was beginning to think my little berry patch wouldn't produce anything but mold this year, but the week before we went camping they all started to ripen up! This was my biggest picking, but I have been out there about twice a week and have gotten a ton of berries. It ended up being a good thing we had to post-pone our camping, otherwise they all would have ripened and been moldy by the time we got home. There's probably only about one more picking of my strawberries left, which is good because my freezer is getting really full! It is supposed to be really warm at the end of the week, which should ripen up the raspberries and it will be on to picking those for a few weeks!

3 comments:

Wise House Oils said...

WOW!!! We ended up giving our strawberries to Sarah thinking that they might do better over at her house with a little bit more love! Impressive picking!

Vintage Dutch Girl said...

Yum, those look SO good! I need to still get some berries yet this season...we'll see if they are all mush after this heat!

Fowl Single File said...

I must say that I'm a bit jealous of your strawberry bounty! They look delicious and I know they taste so much better than store-bought berries!

hit-counter-download.com
Related Posts with Thumbnails