Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Tasty Tuesday - Raspberry Streusel Coffee Cake

After losing my camera last week and the kids being sick with colds, I haven't had much for interesting topics to write about lately, so I thought I would share another recipe with you. I have been trying to use up the last of my frozen raspberries from last year before they start again next month, so last night I made Raspberry Streusel Coffee Cake to have for breakfast this morning. It is delicious and so nice to have it made the night before and ready to reheat and eat in the morning!

Ingredients:
3-1/2 cups unsweetened raspberries
1 cup water
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1-1/4 cups sugar
1/3 cup cornstarch
BATTER:
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup cold butter, cubed
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
TOPPING:
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup chopped pecans
GLAZE:
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
2 teaspoons Twin Brook Creamery milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions: In a large saucepan, cook raspberries and water over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add lemon juice. combine sugar and cornstarch; stir into fruit mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in eggs, sour cream and vanilla (batter will be stiff). Spread half into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Spread raspberry filling over batter; spoon remaining batter over filling. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over top. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Combine the glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm cake. Yield: 12-16 servings.

Sorry I don't have any pictures of it for you since I lost my camera, but if you would like to see it you can check out here on the Taste of Home website where I got the recipe from. Give it a try and let me know what you think! And if you have any great raspberry recipes, please share them so I can use the rest of the raspberries up soon. Since I love to bake and share my recipes, maybe I will try to share one of my favorites each week. If I can remember to do it. We'll see.

No comments:

hit-counter-download.com
Related Posts with Thumbnails