
I finally got my garden all planted last week. We didn't have quite enough room last year for everything, so we increased the size of it this year. I planted cucumber, zucchini, broccoli, cabbage, tomatoes, beans, corn, potatoes, lettuce, carrots, radishes, and peppers! Along with our blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, apples, and pears, this will make for a VERY busy summer of picking and canning or freezing! It is all worth it though to see a full pantry and freezer in the fall. I love being able to preserve our food for my family. Maybe not so much the actual work of it (weeding, picking, preparing, canning, etc) but being able to provide food that I know where it came from and what did or didn't get put on it is very satisfying! I also love using all that fresh food for my favorite recipes and for trying some new ones! If I find any really good ones I will

be sure to share them with you all!
3 comments:
I am SO jealous. I want a garden so bad!!!!
Ahhhh! I wish I knew how to can stuff. You are one busy lady:).
You are one busy mama! I wish I knew how to can:). I need to get a book, or something b/c I have all of the stuff....just no knowledge:)
Post a Comment