Sunday, March 31, 2013

Shattered {Review}

When I was offered the chance to review Shattered by Dani Pettrey, I thought it sounded like a good book.  I noticed that it was the second book in a series, but I was hoping that it would still be good by itself.  It wasn't quite as good as if I had read the previous book first.  There were a few people and relationships that I couldn't figure out how they fit in, but they were pretty minor and didn't detract from the main story too much.  While I did really enjoy the story, I thought a few parts were a bit unrealistic. Like Piper, the main character, digging herself and an unconscious Landon out of an avalanche and dragging him to safety.  And that a group of people (only one being a police officer) would really be able to investigate and question so many people about a murder.  The romance aspect of the story was pretty predictable, but there were enough twists to the story that I didn't figure out the murderer until the end. While Shattered was a good read, it wasn't great.  If you like suspense and romance, I would recommend starting at the beginning of the series and then reading Shattered.

From the back cover:
When her prodigal brother Reef's return to Yancey, Alaska, is shattered by his arrest for murder, Piper McKenna is determined to protect him.

Deputy Landon Grainger loves the McKennas like family, but he's also sworn to find the truth. And he knows those closest to you have the power to deceive you the most. With his sheriff pushing for a quick conviction, some unexpected leads complicate the investigation, and pursuing the truth puts Landon's career in jeopardy.

When Piper launches her own investigation, Landon realizes he must protect her from herself--and whatever complications await as the two follow clues deep into Canada's rugged back country. Not only does their long friendship seem to be turning into something more, but this dangerous case is becoming deadlier with each step. 

 I received this book for free for review from Bethany House Publishers.

Blessings,

No comments:

hit-counter-download.com
Related Posts with Thumbnails