Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Tasty Tuesday: Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole

Lately I've been trying to cook dinners that I can double or triple to be able to put some away in the freezer for an easy dinner another night.  I found this Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole on Money Saving Mom and when I tried it we all loved it!  And another bonus is that it makes enough for four dinners, one to eat and three in the freezer! (Unless you have lots of big eaters, then you might want to only do 3 or even 2 dinners with it.)  When I am freezing dinners, I line a casserole dish with aluminum foil, put the food it, and freeze it. Once it is frozen, I take it out of the dish and wrap with more foil over the top and pop it back in the freezer.  When I am ready to use it, I remove all the foil and put it back in the casserole dish I froze it in to thaw it out.  This saves freezer space and that way I don't need to keep tons of casserole dishes around to keep stuff in the freezer.  Or you can try it in bags like Money Saving Mom does.

Ingredients:
10 cups cooked rice (white or brown)
4 cups cooked chicken, chopped
4 cups chopped broccoli, lightly steamed (can use frozen or fresh)
2 cans cream of mushroom soup (or 2 batches cream of mushroom soup)
2 cans cream of chicken soup (or 2 batches cream of chicken soup)
4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.  Divide into four 8x8 or similarly sized casserole dishes. Sprinkle with additional cheddar cheese if you desire (and who doesn't desire more cheese?).  Put three in the freezer and bake the fourth at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. To use the frozen ones, thaw in the fridge and bake as directed.


Blessings,
Linked up with:
Raising Homemakers
Far Above Rubies
The Better Mom
Teach Me Tuesdays
Titus 2sday
Women Living Well
A Delightful Home
Raising Arrows
The Modest Mom
A Wise Woman Builds Her Home
Diary of a Stay at Home Mom

2 comments:

Erin said...

Hi, I know this sounds like a weird question, but I am wondering where your live..... We are thinking very strongly of moving to Northern Idaho and your top picture looks so much like pictures we have seen in that area. Anyway you don't have to respond to this if it is weird to you, but we are just trying to find out as much about the area as possible and I haven't been able to find any bloggers in that area. Is there a way I could email you? Thanks.

Michelle - Blessed Mom of 4 said...

Hi Erin,
Not a weird question at all! :) Unfortunately we are not in Idaho, we are in NW Washington, so I don't know too much about Idaho. Hope you find someone to connect with though, moving is hard!
Blessings,
Michelle

Related Posts with Thumbnails