Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Nutcracker {Review}


I think most people are familiar with the story of the the Nutcracker.  Although I have seen the Nutcracker ballet and read some simplified versions of it, I had never read the full story until I was given the chance to review this copy by E.T.A. Hoffmann and illustrated by Maurice Sendak.  It is actually a much longer book than I thought it would be!  There are scenes that I never new about from my previous reading or viewing of the story.  I found it very interesting!  It is nicely broken up into shorter chapters, and my kids enjoyed listening to one a day.  Maurice Sendak is well known for illustrating the book Where the Wild Things Are and I think he did a very lovely job with the Nutcracker as well.  There are some full page illustrations as well as small ones on most of the other pages.  If you are looking for a good version of the original Nutcracker to add to you bookshelves, I highly recommend this one!

I received this book free for review from Waterbrook Multnomah.




Blessings,

No comments:

hit-counter-download.com
Related Posts with Thumbnails