Thursday, May 24, 2012

Bringing Up Girls {Review}

A while back I had the chance to review Raising Real Men to learn more about raising my boys.  When I received the chance to review Bringin Up Girls by Dr. James Dobson, I thought it was great that I could learn more about raising my girls also! 
Dr. Dobson begins by explaining the differences between boys and girls backed by research and examples.  I thought this was a great place to start since much of today's culture tries to tell us they really aren't that different.  He goes on to tell of the importance of both a mother and father in a little girl's life.  Daughters need different things from each parent to feel secure in her life.  Dr. Dobson also discusses some of the challenges our daughters will face as they grow, such as peer pressure, bullies, adolescence, media/technology, and much more.  He gives great advice on how we can guide our daughters through different phases of their life and how to help them make wise decisions based on Biblical standards.
Bringing Up Girls is another great book that I will keep around so I can refer to it again and I highly recommend it!

I received this book for free for review from Tyndale Publishers.

Blessings,

No comments:

hit-counter-download.com
Related Posts with Thumbnails