This weeks topic: Stinky Diapers!
Beth over a Happily Domestic has a great post about stinky diapers from guest writer, Sherrie, owner of Itty Bitty Baby Bunz. It has tips about how to prevent and treat stinky diapers, so after you read mine, go check it out!
I haven't had too much of a stink issue with my diapers. Most of my diapers and inserts are made from natural materials that don't generally get stink issues, but I have a few microfiber ones that do occassionally have a smell. To prevent the stink from getting in them, I usually put a Downy ball filled with a little vinegar in the wash with my diapers and that seems to do a great job for me. I don't think my detergent (the Costco Kirkland Signature brand) is on any of the recommended detergent lists, but I have never had a problem with it. I also try to hang them out to dry in the sunshine whenever possible. If my diapers do start to stink, I strip them by washing them in hot water 4-5 times and then they are good to go again!



No comments:
Post a Comment