Friday, April 10, 2009

Making the switch


After having L, I've found that taking 3 kids to the store is not the easiest thing in the world to do. (The car carts do make it easier, but still it can be challenging.) So I started looking into ways to cut out trips to the store. One thing that I always needed was diapers, so I thought I'd look into cloth, not really thinking I'd give it a try, but it was worth a look. I was expecting to find the old standard flat cloth, pins, and covers. Boy has there been a HUGE change in cloth! I found a TON of info and different kinds of diapers now available. The flat prefolds with pins and covers are still there, but there are also many that are just as easy as the disposables. Shortly after I found out one of my college friends uses cloth and she recommended a few brands and styles to try. So I decided to give a few a try. For a few weeks it was like Christmas around here for me. I was getting a new package in the mail every couple days. I was amazed at how soft all the diapers were! So I decided to take the plunge and switch to cloth. I know, you are all thinking "She's CRAZY!" but they really are as easy as disposables and WAY cheaper! After deciding which kind I liked the most, I made a large order and they finally arrive yesterday. Now I can finally quit wasting money on the disposables and save myself a few trips to the store all at the same time! (And for any of you mommies reading this who might be interested, please feel free to ask me more or click on one of the links on the right side of my blog!)

1 comment:

Mark A. Moore said...

Ive tried cloth diapers for a while when tanner and abby were both still wearing them b/c I was sick of spending all that money for them big kids to be in diapers! I think they are a great idea, I used them for about a month and then swicthed back to disposables when colton was born b/c my laundry was always backed up. Now that I have 1 kid in diapers again I wouldnt mind trying again. These diapers look simple to use. I used the old flat diapers with pins.

hit-counter-download.com
Related Posts with Thumbnails