I recently had the opportunity to review another great family movie, The Identical. It is a story that begins in the 1930s during the depression with a life changing decision made by desperately poor parents to give away one of their newborn twin sons. The son that remains with them grows up into a famous rock star. The other is adopted by a preacher and his wife who were unable to have children The movie follows the life of Ryan Wade, a young man who loves singing but is trying to please his father by following in his footsteps to become a preacher. He was unaware that he had a twin and other parents, but as the story progresses, begins to discover some of the secrets from his past.
I thought this was a great family-friendly movie that I can share with my kiddos some day. I think mine are a little young to understand parts of it yet, but I would not be afraid to let them watch it. With so many inappropriate movies out there it is nice to find some good ones. I really enjoyed the story in this movie and thought the Elvis-style music was fun. I was a little sad that it doesn't have a "happily ever after" type of ending, but I guess that makes it more real-life-like since life often doesn't have that perfect ending. It also has a great message that you can choose to be content with the life God gives you instead of being bitter about it. Hubby, who prefers action type movies, found it to be a little on the boring side, but I am glad this is one movie we can add to our family's collection.
The Identical, starring Ray Liotta, Ashley Judd, Seth Green, and Blake Rayne is a redemptive movie about a young man, the son of a preacher, who rejects his fathers desire for him to join the ministry and instead embarks on a career as a rock singer. As he struggles to pursue his dream and rise to stardom, he finds love, pain, success, failure and ultimately uncovers a hidden family secret that reveals who he really us. The Identical is a captivating story about a family restored and a life discovered that lifts your soul and warms your heart.
If you are interested in purchasing The Identical you can do so HERE where you will also find The Identity Series DVD free with your purchase!
And now for the GIVEAWAY! One of you will get to win your own copy of The Identical. To enter, please just leave me a comment below with your favorite family movie. Please make sure you also leave a way for me to contact you if you win! I will pick a winner on January 10, 2015 at noon. Only one entrant per mailing address, per giveaway. If you have won the same prize on another blog, you are not eligible to win it again. Winner is subject to eligibility verification.
Disclosure (in accordance with the FTCs 16 CFR, Part 255: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising): Many thanks to Propeller Consulting, LLC for providing this prize for the giveaway. Choice of winners and opinions are 100% my own and NOT influenced by monetary compensation. I did receive a sample of the product in exchange for this review and post.
Blessings,




3 comments:
My boys are loving the Wizard of Oz right now, which by the way I find scary, haha!!
One of the movies we like is "Home Alone".
karin56381@gmail.com
Thank you ladies for entering my giveaway! Random.org picked #1 so congrats to Regan! I will contact you soon to get your info.
Post a Comment