Bethany Quinn grew up in a small town in Iowa, where her life is less than ideal after her father dies. The only place she enjoys going is to be with her Grandpa, working with him on his farm. When she grows up though, she escapes her past and small town life to become an architect in Chicago. Fast forward ten years and Bethany is called back home when tragedy strikes. Despite her plan to keep her stay as short as possible, Bethany ends up staying indefinitely when she unexpectedly inherits 500 acres of farmland. Bethany would like nothing more than to sell her land and get back to being an architect, but her Grandpa's handsome farmhand, Evan, stands in her way and it seems God has other plans for her life. As she sorts through feelings of her past and her faith, she and Evan begin to fall for each other.
I thoroughly enjoyed Wildflowers From Winter by Katie Ganshert! It was such a great reminder that God's plan is not always the same as our plan. Bethany struggled with letting go of her plan, but when she did, she found that God's plan was even better! I also like that this book was about farming! Growing up on and now having our own farm, I could very easily picture the farm scenes in the story. The author did a very nice and accurate telling of many farming details. I highly recommend Wildflowers From Winter and look forward to finding more books by Katie Ganshert.
I received this book for free for review from Waterbrook Multnomah
Blessings,
1 comment:
This looks like an interesting book. Thanks for your thoughts and the review. Have a super week! :O)
Post a Comment