Friday, March 16, 2012

The Scent of Cherry Blossoms {Review}

Another great book by Cindy Woodsmall! If you like Amish romance and haven't read any of Cindy's books yet, you really need to!  I loved her Sisters of the Quilt series that I reviewed before and recently had the chance to review her new book The Scent of Cherry Blossoms.  Although this one is a novella and is shorter than the previous ones I read, it is still just a good!

Annie is an Old Order Mennonite who stays with her Grandfather Moses for a while and helps out at his neighbors' diner.  Aden is an Old Order Amish who runs the family diner and helps care for his paralyzed twin brother, Roman.  Despite knowing that their families and churches would not approve, Annie and Aden begin to care for each other and secretly spend time in her grandfather's cherry tree orchard.  When their relationship is discovered by their families, they must decide if the turmoil from their communities will be worth it if they continue on together.  Another aspect of the story is Aden and Roman's relationship and how much they rely on each other.  Aden stutters and relies on Roman to help him speak and Roman relies on Aden to help him physically.  Roman doesn't think he can live without Aden's help and plots to keep Aden and Annie apart.  Will Aden and Annie overcome all the obstacles or decide it isn't worth it?

I highly recommend this book!  One more thing I love is that it is a hard cover book.  I know paperbacks are much cheaper, but hard covers just feel sturdier, like a book should.

I received this book free for review from Waterbrook Multnomah.
Blessings,

1 comment:

Conny said...

I just read this book while I was in Germany (for review w/ Multnomah!). :)

hit-counter-download.com
Related Posts with Thumbnails