Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Tasty Tuesday! Gummy Candy!

The other day I found this really easy recipe to make homemade gummy candy, so yesterday Sweetie and I gave it a try. All you need is 1 package of flavored jello, 6 packages of unflavored gelatin, 1/2 cup of water, and some molds to put them in (we used ice cube trays).

1. In a small saucepan, mix both the flavored and the unflavored gelatin.

2. Stir the gelatins up. Pour cold water in mixture and stir with a spatula until you have a gloppy-chunky blob not unlike play-doh.

3. Turn heat stove top burner on medium and melt blob.

4. Stir the blob constantly until melted.

5. Pour the melted mixture into miniature bear molds, or other small candy type molds.

6. Place filled molds in freezer for 10 minutes to cool.

Then peel them out, eat a few, and store in an airtight container (if any are left!).
The kids (and Hubby) loved them! I thought they tasted good, but were a little too chewy so next time I am going to try this recipe that I found that uses a little more water to see if they turn out a little better.

No comments:

hit-counter-download.com
Related Posts with Thumbnails