Friday, January 3, 2014

He Finally Arrived!

 Our big boy!
9 lbs, 22 inches

Our big baby boy finally made his appearance on Monday!  This is the first time that I have ever made it to my due date! I was hoping to have a natural birth since I had pitocin for induction with my last two and I didn't want to have to go through that again.  (We almost didn't make it to the hospital with Sweetie so I was induced to make sure we did with the next two!) I had a dr appointment on the Thursday before my due date and my doctor thought I would go in labor soon (actually she thought that for about 2 weeks!), so I did not want to schedule anything yet but she said I could call her if I changed my mind.  By Saturday afternoon, I was getting more and more nervous that this baby was going to decide to come super fast once it started so I called to see if we could still schedule something.  She said Sunday night was open so that is when we headed in.  I was already dilated to 4 when we got there, so we just decided to break my water and wait with the pitocin.  And it worked out great!  I was able to have a natural birth and our big baby boy arrived 2 1/2 hours later!  I even had a really great nurse who trained at a hospital where natural births were very popular and she didn't require me to stay in bed and be hooked up to all the monitors.  

Finally getting to hold my sweet boy

Proud daddy

Excited siblings

We are so blessed!!


Blessings,

2 comments:

Conny said...

Congratulations!!! What a beautiful baby to add to your precious family Thankful the Lord gave you a good birth experience. :)

melanie said...

Congratulations! Enjoy your beautiful family <3

Related Posts with Thumbnails